One of the biggest efforts of the NEVBD is to connect partners across the Northeast in a Community of Practice, sharing knowledge, resources, and fostering new collaborations. Our goal is to create an interactive network of professionals who can work together to reduce vector populations and lower the risk of vector-borne diseases for the region.
Explore our Community of Practice resources:
Resources for Vector-Borne Disease Professionals
State-specific program information can be accessed on our State Resources page
NEVBD Regional Reports:
- Egg Identification Guide for Aedes albopictus in the Northeast, USA
- 2019 Pesticide Use and Resistance Monitoring in the Northeastern United States, April 2020.
- Tick Surveillance and Control: Summary of Program Operations for Northeast States, May 2019.
- Vector-Borne Disease Surveillance & Control Training Needs Assessment, August 2017.
Guidance Documents and Resources from National Organizations:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- A National Public Health Framework for the Prevention and Control of Vector-Borne Diseases in Humans
- Surveillance for Ixodes scapularis and pathogens found in this tick species in the United States
- Guide to the Surveillance of Metastriate Ticks (Acari: Ixodidae) and Their Pathogens in the United States
- EpiInfo Vector Surveillance Mobile App
- Specimen Submission Instructions to the CDC Diagnostic Laboratories
- Media Resources, Division of Vector-Borne Diseases
NEVBD Annual Meeting:
We host an Annual Meeting for the Northeast Regional Center for Excellence in Vector-Borne Diseases at the start of each year. This meeting is specifically designed to support the engagement of public health and vector control organizations with the academic research community across the region. You can access the Annual Meeting reports from previous years through our About page.
We prioritize the participation of our public health and vector control partners in the Northeast in the Annual Meeting. For this reason, attendance to the NEVBD Annual Meeting is not open to the broad community. If you are interested in attending the next NEVBD Annual Meeting, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
NEVBD Pesticide Resistance Monitoring Program:
NEVBD has established a pesticide resistance monitoring network covering the Northeast region to support public health and mosquito control agencies in detecting pesticide resistance in mosquito populations. Visit the Pesticide Resistance Monitoring Program to learn more about the services offered through this program and how to get involved.
NEVBD Training Programs:
NEVBD provides training opportunities that support both current vector-borne disease professionals and the next generation of public health entomologists. Visit our training pages to learn more about these programs:
Cornell eCommons Digital Archive
NEVBD has created several resource compendiums through the Cornell eCommons digital repository platform. These compendiums include:
- Asian Longhorned Tick Resources - Collection includes digital and print media resources related to the invasive Asian longhorned tick, Haemaphysalis longicornis
- NEVBD Newsletters, Reports and Print Media - Collection includes NEVBD newsletters, educational print media, annual progress and strategic planning reports, and final reports from NEVBD community of practice initiatives
- Resistance Monitoring Program - Collection includes technical documentation for the pesticide resistance monitoring program operated through NEVBD
- Technical Documentation - Collection includes technical documentation and fact sheets relevant to vector surveillance and control operations in the Northeast region
- Webinars and Digital Media - Collection includes webinars and other digital media products developed through NEVBD
Newsletters and Social Media
NEVBD shares updates on the latest vector-borne disease news, programming updates, and spotlights on collaborators in our region through two newsletters. You can sign up for our listserv by visiting the NEVBD Mailing List Sign-up Form.
Our Friday e-newsletter, NEVBD Weekly Announcements, provides a quick snapshot of vector-borne disease research highlights, news stories, and training and career opportunities. We also issue our NEVBD Quarterly Digest newsletter at the end of each quarter, providing in-depth highlights of NEVBD applied research programs.
NEVBD Social Media:
Connect with us on social media and networking platforms!