Do you live near the Hudson Valley region of New York State? If so, we are looking for individuals to participate in our Tick Blitz citizen science event to help us better understand the northward expansion of new ticks in New York.
What is the Tick Blitz?
We are conducting a Tick Blitz in the Hudson Valley region of New York State to undertand where different tick species are present in the state and track their northward expansion.
How Does it Work?
- Individuals who register to participate will receive a kit in the mail that has everything you need to collect ticks and protect yourself
- Participants will collect ticks at a location of their choosing at least once between June 13 and June 19, 2021
- Information on collected ticks will be made available online by our research team
When Is it Happening?
Tick collections will happen between June 13 and June 19, 2021.
Who Can Participate?
We are seeking participants from the following counties in New York State. No previous experience collecting ticks is necessary!
Interested individuals need to sign up for one of our informational webinars.
Bronx - Columbia - Delaware - Dutchess - Greene - Kings - Nassau - New York - Orange - Putnam - Queens - Richmond - Rockland - Suffolk - Sullivan - Ulster - Westchester
Please attend one of the following webinars so you can learn how to properly and safely collect ticks during our Tick Blitz event!
- April 12, 2021 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- April 16, 2021 - 7:30pm - 8:30pm
You only need to attend one webinar, but you are welcome to attend both!